PROGRAMS FOR YOUNG NUMISMATISTS
Below is a partial list of some programs for children that are offered either through the American Numismatic Association (ANA), the North Carolina Numismatic Association (NCNA), or other numismatic organizations.
- NCNA scholarship
- Coins for A’s program (sponsored by the ANA); for children age 17 or younger.
Any child that has three or more A’s on their report card can earn coins and a free six-month membership in the ANA. Send a copy of their report card with 3 or more A’s to Rod Gillis, Numismatic Educator, at the American Numismatic Association, 818 N. Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903 or email to email@example.com.
- Annual Literary Competition (sponsored by the ANA); for ages 8-12, 13-17, 18-22. Participants must be ANA YN members. Prizes will be awarded in all three age groups for first, second and third place. Prizes range from total value of approximately $100- $1000. Please go to www.money.org for details.
- ANA College Scholarship, go to www.money.org for details about a $1000 scholarship for college.
- ANA Florence Schook School of Numismatics Summer Seminar Young Numismatist Scholarship. For any child ages 13-17. Information and application forms are available at www.money.org/SummerSeminar.
- Ancient Coin Project, ANA Florence Schook School of Numismatics. Enroll at www.money.org or call 719-482-9845.
- Professional Numismatic Guild (PNG), www.PNGdealers.org, provides a scholarship for YN’s ages 13-22 that covers tuition, airfare, accommodations and meals, to one of the ANA Summer Sessions. For information about the essay requirements, go to the email address above or call 951-587-8300.
- Professional Numismatic Guild (PNG) www.PNGdealers.org, offers an internship for students 21 years or older. Application is on line.
- YN Treasure Hunt. Held at the annual NCNA Convention & Show, with the next show scheduled for October 4-6, 2019. For address and times, go to www.ncna.club.
Contact info Bob Pedolsky, Young Numismatist Coordinator, NCNA, 704-408-8511, firstname.lastname@example.org